Date & Time
Thu 10th March 2016
5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
£10 Donation BOOK NOW
We are excited to be screening of The True Cost as part of the Celebrations for International Women’s Day in collaboration with SOAS’s South Asia Institute and Asian Circle.
The True Cost is a story about the clothes we wear, the people who make them and the impact it’s having on our world. This powerful film explores the issues of an industry built on exploitation, makes us ask questions about our consumption and challenges what we thought we knew about the industry.
- 6pm – Introductions
- 6.15pm – Film screening of The True Cost (2015)
- 7.45pm – Panel discussion chaired by Dr Alessandra Messadri (SOAS)
- 8.40pm – Reception
- Chaired by Dr Alessandra Mezzadri (SOAS, University of London)
- Livia Firth (Co-Executive Producer of The True Cost, Founder Eco-Age)
- Thulsi Narayanasamy (Senior Programmes Officer (Sweatshops & Plantations) from War on Want )
- Jessica Simor (QC)
For more information click here
2015, USA, 92mins, English